Monday, 8 January 2018

My Birthday



Yesterday was my Birthday!  

On January 8th 1999 at 3:46PM,  I entered this world.
And, gosh, I think I have hit the point in my life were I want to age backwards.
I am 19.
Nineteen years old!

NEXT YEAR I'M GONNA BE TWENTY.

And I think that freaks  me out more than it freaks my Mum or anyone in my family out.
.


How Did I spend my birthday?

My Mum wanted to do something.
Not because it was my birthday but because I am leaving the country in 9 days for a very long time, and that's a huge deal.

Sooo....
for the first time since I was, like, eleven years old my little brothers and I squished into the back seat of the car, with my Dad sitting in the front seat (despite me yelling shotgun!) and my Mum driving and we headed into Launceston for a Family Day.

Liam and Me. 
We went to Hog's Breath Cafe for a family meal at around Lunch time.
 The American themed cafe was a place that  my younger brothers had never been too before, but a place where my parents would always escape too for surprise and spontaneous "date nights" and came back home to tell us all about the food that they had..
 . My brothers were very excited to finally be able to go to the place my parents had talked about so much.

(I had been before, a year ago with my Mum)

We walked in and was met with the strong smell of meat and the sound of country music blaring among the chitter-chatter of the busy cafe.

I ordered an  grilled Hawaiian Chicken with salad and curly chips  and it was really nice. Really full-fulling, although I didn't really like the curly chips, they tasted kinda funny.
 The best thing was probably the giant piece of pineapple on top of the whole piece of chicken. (I am a HUGE fan of pineapple)

My parents and my littlest brother, Mitchell got some type of stake and Liam ordered a Chicken Parmigiana, whitch they all enjoyed.

IT was a giant mistake sitting next to Liam; he ate the food from my plate, including my bacon!!! (I am publicly naming and shaming him right now!!!)


When we finished we got back into the car and we went to the Gorge. My Dad and my youngest brother wanted to go to City Park since it was closest to Hog's Breath but I got to choose where we went.
I choose the Gorge because it is so beautiful, plus it is one of my favourite places in Launceston.




Mitchell, Mum, Me, and Liam. 
We went for a family walk.
We did the short walk around the bridge, up the cafe and back through to the other side. My father and youngest brother trailing along behind Mum, Liam, and me. The two of them complaining about how their feet hurt but pointing out in wonderment  every time they saw peacock or a wallaby or a kangaroo or a pretty tree.
It was really nice, especially with the sun shining down on us. 


Liam, Mum, Mitchell, me and Dad.


Presents 
I received Easter eggs and chocolate biscuits.
and yes,   I did receive Easter eggs!

I told my Mum that Easter eggs were the only thing I wanted for my birthday this year because 1) Easter is my favourite holiday and I am not going to be here for Easter , 2) because it's chocolate and 3) because they are already selling Easter eggs!!!!!?????

And I received this gorgeous bangle from my parents. It has my first name engraved on the front of it and "Mum and Dad" engraved on the back of it to remind me that they are always going to be with me for as long as I wear it.




. 



 THE CAKE. 


..... because the cake is the most important element of a birthday.

I allowed my Mum to go "wild" with the cake this year. She likes cooking and she really used to enjoy making the novelty cakes when we were young and then she kinda gave up and hens why I have had Woolworths chocolate mud cake nearly every year.  The only request I made was that it had to be chocolate.

She stayed up the night before my birthday carefully baking chocolate cake. I was not allowed into the kitchen as she baked the cake.

After we had returned from Launceston and all sat down to watch the return of Neighbours, it was cake time.

"There is a surprise inside", My Mum said, as the slided the cake onto the dinner table. 
"Oh no, it's not one of those cake that have the colour that represents the gender of your unborn baby, it it?" I joked to my Mother.
"Oh GOD no!".

My Mum put all 20 candles on the cake (one for "Good Luck") and lit them up.   I made a wish and blew the candles out (It took a few deep breathes to blow all the candles out!!) I cut into the cake and felt something different.
...something that didn't feel like sponge cake.

I pulled the knife out and pulled the peice of cake out and to my surprise I found that  my Mum had cut out the middle of the cake and filled it with skittles and M&Ms.

 IT WAS THE GREATEST SURPRISE EVER!
My parents laughed as I stared down at the BRILLIANT AND AMAZING CAKE.
 "You should have seen your face!" they joked afterwards

I rate it 10/10 on the cake scale.












 I HAD A REALLY GOOD DAY.

It was really nice to have a day out with my family. We don't go out as a family unit very often and it really felt nice to go out and have lunch together with a walk afterwards. Everyone was so happy to be together and there was no talk of anything negative.
It was really, really nice. 

I think my favourite part was hearing my littlest brother, Mitchell laugh as we watched my Dad- who has recently downloaded the social media Snapchat- try and navigate the world of SnapChat and accidentally take a video instead of taking a photo, which we all found hilarious  because it's funny watching my Dad try and figure out a world Liam, Mitchell, and I know all too well.

It was really nice having people wish me a Happy Birthday. Thanks to all of those who posted on my Facebook wall, messaged me on Instrgram or Facebook, or Snapchatted me. I really appreciated the birthday wishes!

Shoutout to Bianca for being the first one at 12:01.
Related image



9 more days until I go to China 

** points goes to me because I've started packing, and by "packing" I mean that I have put a giant lump of cloths in the corner of my room and then realised they ALL had some type of art material stain on them and need stain removal therapy. BUT I'VE STARTED. soo... yeah. Points go to me.   **.
Image result for emm roy birthday


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Jazz! Glad it was such a good one. CAKE 😍

    ReplyDelete