I titled this notebook " Wo De Kong Xiang," which in Chinese translates to "My escapism" (and also translates to " My Cloud Castle"). It measures to be approximately 18cm thick, and it is one of my thickest notebooks to date.
Inside I have tried to experiment with different materials and let my imagination run loss, with the mindset of "I can do no wrong" .
There are pages filled with writing ideas/ exercises, collage making out of magazine,newspaper and random crap I find in my room, examples of Chinese calligraphy and much more.
I have managed to do a bit of experimentation with the mediums of: Thread, Dry Pastels, Acyrlic Paint, Watercolour paint, Pens, Charcoal, and coloured pencils.
My most enjoyable experimentation would have to be with thread. I spend days tediously threading in and out. It was really time consuming and I regularly lost track of time as I did so. I want to carry on playing around with images I can make with colourful thread ( so you can look forward to that!!)
I started this notebook around late November to use as a way of passing the time until I left for my trip to China (Aka: to pass the time up until now)
It is not one of my favourite journals but I still admire it.
~~Here are some of the pages of my mixed media Journal.
A poem titled "My Generation" .
Fine liner pencils
 |
| Writing ideas |
 |
| Dry pastles |
 |
| My little cousin, Austin drew me a drawing and I really liked it so I put it in my journal. He is seven. |
 |
| line drawing around a man figure I cut out from a magazine |
 |
| Practising chinese calligraphy |
 |
| Print of a leaf I found in my backyard |
 |
| Writing ideas. |
 |
| A tree made out of twine. |
 |
 |
| Watercolour paint |
|
 |
| Acrylic paint |
 |
| My cat made out of thread (I spent 3 weeks doing this!) |
 |
| Black pen drawing/ doodling |
 |
| Collage making |
 |
| Experimenting with dry pastles |
 |
| practising Chinese |
 |
| On one side: writing ideas (specifically on what would life be like if I was Rapunzel and I was trapped in a tower), and on the other side watercolour experimentation |
 |
| On one side: a cat I found from a colouring-in book and n the other side writing ideas. |
 |
| Writing. |
 |
| On one side: a feather I found when I was walking Charlie and on the otherside, a Zebra I found from a colour-in book. |
 |
| One one side: doodling with charcoal pencil and texta, and on the otherside a small verse I found in a book revolving around the theme of Belonging. |
 |
| Experimenting with Charcoal |
 |
| Bubble-wrap people with writing behind it. The writing are random songs that I had stuck in my head at the time. |
 |
| Highlighter person and black pen person doodling. |
 |
| Watercolour and leaves I found when I was walking Charlie. |
 |
| Fluff and stars. When you turn the notebook upside down the stars dangle down. |
 |
On one side: a sketch I did of a person with black pen and around it is mesh, and on the other side is a print of a leaf I found in my backyard, repetitively printed over to create a snow-flake-like image.
|
 |
| collage making. |
 |
| Collage making |
 |
| Experimenting with thread. seeing how I can fill up blank circle space. |
3 more days until I go to China
No comments:
Post a Comment