Tuesday, 16 January 2018

Melbourne Day 1

Day 1 of Melbourne

~short post~

A long nap would be appreciated right about now. ((At one point throughout the day I was SO tired I took a mini nap in the middle of Federation square ))
I have spent majority of the day on planes, buses, and trams and it feels SO good to FINALLY put my feet down and rest.

Hello Melbourne.. I haven't seen you in a while!

I am currently staying in Melbourne for a few days before I fly out to China. My Mum and I are staying in a tinzy-tiny hotel near RMIT.


 Whenever I go to Melbourne the first thing that is always a huge culture shock are the loud crowds. EVERYWHERE.
    And the PLASTIC BAGS!
I swear I spent too long admiring a plastic bag...!





Today Mum and I did some walking through the city and I love the atmosphere. The busy sounds of trams zooming past; the sound of guitar penetrating through the air by a musician playing on the curve, the constant non-stop chatter of people around you. Melbourne city is so PACKED with life. It is phenomenal! 

I managed to catch up with one of my friends for Dinner. It was really nice to see Cat after a whole year of being apart. 


GOODBYE TASMANIA. 

I would be lying if I said I did not feel emotional when I was saying goodbye to Tasmania.

         As much as I hate my hometown, It's still my home. It's where my family is. It's where my childhood is. It's where all my most special  memories are.
I am probably going to miss the (nice) people. And the beaches. And my little hang out areas.

I can't help but to feel sad to say goodbye, but I know it's not forever

I hugged my pets SO tight and told them to be very good whilst I was gone. I don't even think they realise how much I am going to miss them. I don't think my cat even noticed anything was going on, she just loved the attention.

I anticipate I will cry tomorrow when I say goodbye to Australia and it finally sinks in that I am saying goodbye to my family.
(Happy tears, of course)


THANKYOU <3  

 The amount of continuous support and encouragement that I have been receiving throughout the past week has been overwhelming.

     I  have received  countless social media messages wishing me good luck from friends and family (I'M SORRY that I haven't replied to everyone!)

I have  had family members take me out for special moments to share and treasure as memories.

I've embraced SO many people in long hugs --and THAT is saying something because I am not a huger!

I am so thankful for the support and encouragement from my friends and family that I have been receiving these past few days and I really appreciate it, it's amazing to see so many people reaching out to me. It makes me feel really loved and special!

Special shutout.

I need to mention the special people who meet me at the airport and saw me fly out of Tasmania.

My gorgeous friend Kyah and my incredible Chinese teacher 爱老师, Louise.

THANKYOU SO MUCH for seeing me leave and meeting me at the airport to give me some much needed advice and for 'good bye hugs'. 

I really appreciated the extra step you guys both done to show your support.

I am ready! 

Things are going to be stressful from this moment onwards  but I am ready for it. I am SO ready.
Scared. Anxious. Terrified
BUT READY! 
I don't know if I am going to have time or energy to write tomorrow but the plan is to spend the day with my mum and my sister. We are going to a bit of shopping and have a good ol' Australian  BBQ (minus the meat for Ray) at Ray's parent's place and then go to the airport early Thursday morning. I need to be at the airport around 9ish.
I should be arriving at Hong Kong around 4:40 and at Ningbo at 8:30 in the afternoon.  (*Note there is a 4 hour time difference. Time is in Chinese time)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

1 more day until I go to China. 

1 comment:

  1. I ORIGINALLY WANTED TO GO SEE YOU OFF YESTERDAY BUT I COMPLETELY FORGOT AND I'M SORRY FOR THAT I FEEL KINDA BAD NOW XD

    ReplyDelete