Sunday, 3 December 2017

My Level Three Art Journals.

Throughout this school year I managed to fill up a total of three art journals for my level three art course.
My theme was Entraptment: the act of mentally feeling 'stuck'.


~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~
What I put into my journals included:

  Inspiration. 
Really good blog posts that I had written. Powerful poems I had found (Mainly by Sylvia Plath and Virginia Woolf) , Research  pages of other Artists and their styles. Poems I had written about how I felt. Songs lyrics that resonated with my work. Diary entries.

Experimentation
Experimentation with different materials and techniques. Trial and Errors. Different styles.

 Annotation
Notes to explain that I am doing.  Notes explaining what is effective/what is not effective. Explanations on experiments. Descriptions on what I like/ dislike in art work.  What is intended.

Planning. 
Due dates for everything, including class essays. Documentation of art making progress (photos, description,etc) . Essay writing progress and planning. Planning for Art pieces. Drafts. Goal setting; progress towards goals.





~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_





Journal 3

Journal 3

Journal 3

Journal 1

Journal 2

Journal 3

Journal 1

Journal 1

Journal 3

Journal 1



Journal 2

Journal 3

Journal 1

Journal 3

Journal 2

Journal 3

Journal 2

Journal 2

Journal 1

Journal 1

Journal 3

Journal 3





Journal 2


Journal 3

Journal 2

Journal 3

Journal 2

Journal 2














~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Note: This is not every single page, if I was to show every single page I would have a very long blog entry. These are some of my favourite pages within my journals.

Since working really hard on these three journals for my Art class, I have developed a strong joy of journaling.  It has turned into something I do on a regular basis and something that really helps me feel empowered and in control of my thoughts and feelings. .

I think I might do a regular ''Look inside my art journals'' blog post every so often.

I am currently working on three different journals filled with autobiographical pieces, doodling and writing pieces. (If anyone wants to buy me a birthday/Christmas/going to China present a small A5 Art journal would be amazing!!) and they are filling up pretty quickly due to the boredom of school holidays kicking in.



Image result for emm roy creative
~~(This comic has nothing to do with what I have written, but it is cute.!!) ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment