In February 2016 I started my first ever job. It was a casual position being a kitchen hand and a waitress for the George Town Rotary meetings that were held at a small cottage in my hometown. Today I had my last day.
My cousin had put in a good word about me (In a small town like mine it is all about who you know) and the boss agreed to let me on and for two years every Thursday fortnight I could dress up in my black attire and go into work.
In the past I had written a couple of posts about it, including: My-first-job-and-other-positive-updates and /how-to-be-good-at-my-job.
My cousin had put in a good word about me (In a small town like mine it is all about who you know) and the boss agreed to let me on and for two years every Thursday fortnight I could dress up in my black attire and go into work.
In the past I had written a couple of posts about it, including: My-first-job-and-other-positive-updates and /how-to-be-good-at-my-job.
My roles included washing dishes, tidying up the small kitchen, taking meals out to the Rotary members and collecting the dishes when they had finished.
Occasionally, I would also help prep and handle the food, which was always my favourite part because I really like handing the food and making it all look pretty and fancy. (and unlike my hospitality classes in high school I never ate the food that I was handling !)
The job was really, really casual and stress free, and I really enjoyed working there,
Not to mention, I had an amazing boss, who really liked me and would sometimes make a dessert plate just for me because she knew cake was my favourite food.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Confession number 1~
I used to repeatedly wipe the same spot on a bench top to make myself look busy so I didn't have to go out to the sitting area and interact with the people.
Confession number 2~
I loved it when the rows would stack their plates up so that I did not have to individually pick them up (because effort )
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
I liked it, I really liked it but I am really glad I am moving on. I am not even sad that I no longer work there. In a way, I am just really happy and excited because I know that the Next step is International English Teacher in China!
....ON THAT NOTE,
My Visa came yesterday, which means that I am allowed into China!
.. and that I successfully did all the paperwork, WHICH was HALF IN CHINESE (Thus proving that I did learn A LOT in my Chinese classes) and that is an accomplishment because if you have ever tried to get a visa you know that there is so much paperwork to fill out and it isn't one of the most easiest things to do.
But the positive is that, I think I know my passport and licence number off by heart now!!
I am leaving Tasmania very soon and I will be spending a few days in Melbourne with my sister and her partner. I hope to go swimming with them, which is something they desperately wanted to do with me last time I was in Melbourne but I was not up for it.
and I hope to eat all the cookies and cream Krispy Kream donuts that I can find, and eating ALL the foods that I will not be able to find in China including Cadbury chocolate, lamingtons, and - the food I am going to miss most of all -chocolate mud cake (AKA:AND ALL THE GOOD FOODS and foods I shouldn't really be living off, but Yolooooo)
I know the day and time that I will be leaving Tasmania and Australia and I will inform you all on my next post.
All I will say on the topic is that it IS earlier than I originally planned and that I AM SO EXCITED and anxious but mostly excited!!
....ON THAT NOTE,
My Visa came yesterday, which means that I am allowed into China!
.. and that I successfully did all the paperwork, WHICH was HALF IN CHINESE (Thus proving that I did learn A LOT in my Chinese classes) and that is an accomplishment because if you have ever tried to get a visa you know that there is so much paperwork to fill out and it isn't one of the most easiest things to do.
But the positive is that, I think I know my passport and licence number off by heart now!!
I am leaving Tasmania very soon and I will be spending a few days in Melbourne with my sister and her partner. I hope to go swimming with them, which is something they desperately wanted to do with me last time I was in Melbourne but I was not up for it.
and I hope to eat all the cookies and cream Krispy Kream donuts that I can find, and eating ALL the foods that I will not be able to find in China including Cadbury chocolate, lamingtons, and - the food I am going to miss most of all -chocolate mud cake (AKA:AND ALL THE GOOD FOODS and foods I shouldn't really be living off, but Yolooooo)
I know the day and time that I will be leaving Tasmania and Australia and I will inform you all on my next post.
All I will say on the topic is that it IS earlier than I originally planned and that I AM SO EXCITED and anxious but mostly excited!!
Now, I know I normally end every post with a cute and happy Emm Roy comic but today I am going to end it with a happy Christmas photo of my adorable doggo, Jessie (Otherwise known as Puppy-Guppy and Yolo) , and if you look beyond the precious dog you will find that my Mum has already put out our Christmas presents down and on each present wrote "FROM SANTA", meaning that Santa has already came early for me :P
![]() |

Aw Jessie is so excited!! Also if you've already got Christmas presents under the tree does that mean you're leaving before Christmas?? GIVE ME CLUESSSSS
ReplyDelete@Corin
Delete一月!!