The Basics about me:
I am a seventeen. I am Australian. I am in grade 11. I am blue eyed, blonde haired, and Caucasian. I am bibliophile and a believer of the of power words. I have three brothers, one sister, one Mum, one Dad, two dogs, and one cat. I wear black and pink glasses and I have light pink braces...
Those are the things that people whom I consider acquaintances know about me/first impressions, but there is so much more that makes me who I am.
The things about me nobody knows:
1) I am terrified of failure
2) I am known as the 'dumb one' in my family
3)I am introverted
4) I hardly washed my hands when I did cooking during high school.
5) I have never finished writing a novel or a story
6) My Pintest boards are filled with english-related stuff like 'words to use instead of...' and 'Beautiful words in the English language that you must know!'
7) I was scared of potatoes as a kid
8) I AM TERRIBLE AT SPELLING
9)At the end of grade six, every student got their tops signed from the other students around them, my top was targeted with penises and 'Jazz is gay' (The start of homophobic comments that would follow me for years, dispite being straight)
10) I was the last student to be taken of home readers in grade six
11) My second toe is a few millimetres bigger than my big toe.
12) I have never dated
13) The first boy to tell me I looked attractive was in grade eight and was dared to say it. (I later developed a small crush on him)
14) In grade eight, I won a bet with my friend when we betted if a new teacher would stay teaching when we got back from term holidays (she stayed, thankfully!)
15) My favourite number is 22.
16) My grade six teacher wrote "I will miss your writing" in my grade six notebook and asked me if I still write when I went back four years later on work experience. When I saw her in the crowd at my leavers' dinner I was so happy!
17) When I can not get to sleep I spell words out loud (and, still I can not spell anything)
18) I miss my high school friends
19) I want to live by the idea of 'Carpe Diem' but I am too lazy
20) I once spent six months not eating at school (thus skipping lunch all together)
21) I hold my breath when travelling over Batman Bridge
22) I love the face people make when I teach them something
23) I love explaining foreign concepts to people.
24) I hate eating in front of people
25) I hate working on group tasks at school because I am always that student who has to do all the work.
26) I miss studying a History subject.
27) I love hanging out with the international students because they want to learn so much about English and I love teaching them new words.
28) I used to hate it when the students in my grade 10 class said they hated To Kill A Mockingbird.
29) I really like the Tasmanian forest.
30) During primary school my young brother used to do my Maths work and I would do this English work.
31) I love public speaking dispite being introverted and shy.
32) I used to have epic panic attacks on a Sunday night because I was scared of going to school the next day
33) I love Thursdays
34) I love spending my holidays in bed, writing, reading, and seeing how long I can last wearing the same t-shirt .
35) I have two dogs, but I love my Border Collie the most.
36) I hate it when people tell me I am smart, because majority of the time these people same expect me to do their school work
37) I hate having braces
38) I am the laziest person you will ever meet
39) I always hand in essays thinking they are crap. (not on purpose)
40) I am terrified of who I will become in the future
41) I am constantly comparing myself to others
42) I never get invited to outings
43) I wish that sometimes I could past forward all the hard stuff in life.
44)I hate having glasses.
45) One of the reasons why I hated science throughout high school was because I felt lonely:my friends stopped sitting near me and talking to me and I did not know how to tell them to include me in their convocations.
46) I would survive without Wi-Fi .
47) I sleep on the top bunk.
48) I am terrified of committing to things.
49) I do not do things in order. For example: This is the last number I did.
50) I am chancing a green light that will lead me to death.
51) I think teachers deserve medals for what they do.
52) It is impossible for me to keep a clean desk
53) Despite a strong love for reading, I am horrible at reading series (see number 48)
54) My favourite gener is YA contemporary
55) I want a poop emoji pillow
56) When I hear of people being bullied I want to hug them tight and tell them they are the most important, valued people in the universe.
58) I am horrible at replying to e-mails, and Facebook messages, and any other form of online communication
59) I am an excellent braider
60) I love looking at my bookshelf everyday
61) I am terrified of what people think of me
62)I had a crush on one boy for three years
63) In the last week of high school my friend and I wrote our names in the store room in our Art room.
64) I do not correct people who spell 'Jazz' wrong because I would rather than spell my name wrong than spell my birth name: 'Jasmin'
65) I want to go to university so I can throw one of those black caps in the air
66) I used to have a poster of the actor who played Peeta from The Hunger Games blue-taked on my bedroom wall
67) I am on Team Gale. (She DOES NOT BELONG WITH PEETA!)
68) During primary school I was always on the lowest (they were known as the "dumbest" by the kids) group for literacy but the highest for maths.
69) I love watching the sunset with my dog
70) I can not watch realistic doctor shows without cringing at the open wounds displaying peoples' insides.
71) When my friends had crushes on male teachers I thought they were idiots because the male teachers had hardly any hair had three years olds.
72) The worst type of school-based punishment I ever received was a lecture about how I shouldn't read during maths. I was never 'Green-carded' or sent out of a classroom
73) I love my literature class more than I love my communications class.
74) I watch Youtube a lot, I am fascinated by the Youtubes; Miranda Sings, Zoe Sugg, Joe Sugg, Caspar Lee, Connor Franta, Collen Ballinger, and Rachel Ballinger.
75) I am asthmatic and I hate it when people spray deodorant around me.
76) I really like walking to my bus stop everyday.
77) I check my emails twenty times a day.
78) I never understood what an 'adverb' was until last week
79) I wish I had more fun during high school.
80) I wrote that a member of my grade six class "'sucked cok'' in black texta on the playground, and told my teacher my 'friend' did it. My teacher punished my 'friend' by putting her in timeout and forcing her to apologise in tears to the member in my grade six class, and I did not even feel guilty
81) I only like pees with mint sauce
82) I have only read the Great Gatsby once, despite being told to read it three times.
83) I am confident that I will not confuse Jasper Jones and The Great Gatsby in my exams.
84) I would prefer to sit on a hill and have a picnic than be in a crowded café or restaurant.
85) After my Nan passed away, I was hunted by the imagine of her hand covered with rings, resting on the hospital bed to the point where I could not sleep. (I even wrote a poem about it)
86) During primary school, when we played classroom soccer, I used to kick students in the shin and blame the fact that I was aiming for the ball. (I was such a bully in primary school I now understand why everybody started to hate me! )
87) I wish that people from my past would talk to me more often.
88) I, have, no, idea, where, you, are, supposed, to, put, commas.
89) My favorite Shakespearian quote is: 'Tho calles't me dog before. Thou hadst' a cause; but since I am a dog; Beware my fangs' Shylock. (From The Merchant Of Venice, Scene 3, Act 3)
90) I can not times numbers together.
91) I exclude all grammar laws whilst writing my blogs (that is something you may know )
92) When I was apart of high school Production, I did not want to learn the dance moves or the song lyrics, so I would help the back stage people make stuff, until I re-joined the chorus group at the last minute. (I picked up the dance moves rather quickly)
93) I am a huge fan of Love Child.
94) I feel like a thousand ants are crawling all over me when there are too many people around me. I want people to understand that I do not hate them when I feel like this, I just feel "iffy" and need to be by myself for five minutes to 'recharge'.
95) I used to sit in class and draw my teachers. (I drew my high school maths/science teacher as a koala during a boring class {sorry})
96) I am right-minded.
97) I think the only reason why my sister wants to become a teacher is because one day in the distant future I'd like to become an English teacher (after I get rich and own a mansion with a large library)
98) Whenever it rains I am reminded of Struck By Lighting and I feel happy.
99) I feel like I am one of the only students who actually wants to learn in my communications class.
100) There is a TV in my room but I haven't turned it on in over six months.
101) I really like to learn.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
It took me a long time to write this list but as I wrote this I started to develop a better understanding of who I am.
One of my New Years resolutions was to gain a better understanding of who I am, and I am proud to say, four months in, I am starting to gain a better understanding of who I am. I am only seventeen, and I have my whole future to develop a better understanding (and not to mention, I am changing all the time and the elements that make me who I am are always going to change as grow older and learn from my mistakes) but I just want to know the basic elements of who I am as a seventeen year old so that I can become a bit happier.
This is who I am and I like me.
I really, really, really like me.
35) I have two dogs, but I love my Border Collie the most.
36) I hate it when people tell me I am smart, because majority of the time these people same expect me to do their school work
37) I hate having braces
38) I am the laziest person you will ever meet
39) I always hand in essays thinking they are crap. (not on purpose)
40) I am terrified of who I will become in the future
41) I am constantly comparing myself to others
42) I never get invited to outings
43) I wish that sometimes I could past forward all the hard stuff in life.
44)I hate having glasses.
45) One of the reasons why I hated science throughout high school was because I felt lonely:my friends stopped sitting near me and talking to me and I did not know how to tell them to include me in their convocations.
46) I would survive without Wi-Fi .
47) I sleep on the top bunk.
48) I am terrified of committing to things.
49) I do not do things in order. For example: This is the last number I did.
50) I am chancing a green light that will lead me to death.
51) I think teachers deserve medals for what they do.
52) It is impossible for me to keep a clean desk
53) Despite a strong love for reading, I am horrible at reading series (see number 48)
54) My favourite gener is YA contemporary
55) I want a poop emoji pillow
56) When I hear of people being bullied I want to hug them tight and tell them they are the most important, valued people in the universe.
58) I am horrible at replying to e-mails, and Facebook messages, and any other form of online communication
59) I am an excellent braider
60) I love looking at my bookshelf everyday
61) I am terrified of what people think of me
62)I had a crush on one boy for three years
63) In the last week of high school my friend and I wrote our names in the store room in our Art room.
64) I do not correct people who spell 'Jazz' wrong because I would rather than spell my name wrong than spell my birth name: 'Jasmin'
65) I want to go to university so I can throw one of those black caps in the air
66) I used to have a poster of the actor who played Peeta from The Hunger Games blue-taked on my bedroom wall
67) I am on Team Gale. (She DOES NOT BELONG WITH PEETA!)
68) During primary school I was always on the lowest (they were known as the "dumbest" by the kids) group for literacy but the highest for maths.
69) I love watching the sunset with my dog
70) I can not watch realistic doctor shows without cringing at the open wounds displaying peoples' insides.
71) When my friends had crushes on male teachers I thought they were idiots because the male teachers had hardly any hair had three years olds.
72) The worst type of school-based punishment I ever received was a lecture about how I shouldn't read during maths. I was never 'Green-carded' or sent out of a classroom
73) I love my literature class more than I love my communications class.
74) I watch Youtube a lot, I am fascinated by the Youtubes; Miranda Sings, Zoe Sugg, Joe Sugg, Caspar Lee, Connor Franta, Collen Ballinger, and Rachel Ballinger.
75) I am asthmatic and I hate it when people spray deodorant around me.
76) I really like walking to my bus stop everyday.
77) I check my emails twenty times a day.
78) I never understood what an 'adverb' was until last week
79) I wish I had more fun during high school.
80) I wrote that a member of my grade six class "'sucked cok'' in black texta on the playground, and told my teacher my 'friend' did it. My teacher punished my 'friend' by putting her in timeout and forcing her to apologise in tears to the member in my grade six class, and I did not even feel guilty
81) I only like pees with mint sauce
82) I have only read the Great Gatsby once, despite being told to read it three times.
83) I am confident that I will not confuse Jasper Jones and The Great Gatsby in my exams.
84) I would prefer to sit on a hill and have a picnic than be in a crowded café or restaurant.
85) After my Nan passed away, I was hunted by the imagine of her hand covered with rings, resting on the hospital bed to the point where I could not sleep. (I even wrote a poem about it)
86) During primary school, when we played classroom soccer, I used to kick students in the shin and blame the fact that I was aiming for the ball. (I was such a bully in primary school I now understand why everybody started to hate me! )
87) I wish that people from my past would talk to me more often.
88) I, have, no, idea, where, you, are, supposed, to, put, commas.
89) My favorite Shakespearian quote is: 'Tho calles't me dog before. Thou hadst' a cause; but since I am a dog; Beware my fangs' Shylock. (From The Merchant Of Venice, Scene 3, Act 3)
90) I can not times numbers together.
91) I exclude all grammar laws whilst writing my blogs (that is something you may know )
92) When I was apart of high school Production, I did not want to learn the dance moves or the song lyrics, so I would help the back stage people make stuff, until I re-joined the chorus group at the last minute. (I picked up the dance moves rather quickly)
93) I am a huge fan of Love Child.
94) I feel like a thousand ants are crawling all over me when there are too many people around me. I want people to understand that I do not hate them when I feel like this, I just feel "iffy" and need to be by myself for five minutes to 'recharge'.
95) I used to sit in class and draw my teachers. (I drew my high school maths/science teacher as a koala during a boring class {sorry})
96) I am right-minded.
97) I think the only reason why my sister wants to become a teacher is because one day in the distant future I'd like to become an English teacher (after I get rich and own a mansion with a large library)
98) Whenever it rains I am reminded of Struck By Lighting and I feel happy.
99) I feel like I am one of the only students who actually wants to learn in my communications class.
100) There is a TV in my room but I haven't turned it on in over six months.
101) I really like to learn.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
It took me a long time to write this list but as I wrote this I started to develop a better understanding of who I am.
One of my New Years resolutions was to gain a better understanding of who I am, and I am proud to say, four months in, I am starting to gain a better understanding of who I am. I am only seventeen, and I have my whole future to develop a better understanding (and not to mention, I am changing all the time and the elements that make me who I am are always going to change as grow older and learn from my mistakes) but I just want to know the basic elements of who I am as a seventeen year old so that I can become a bit happier.
This is who I am and I like me.
I really, really, really like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment