Hobart. The city that lights up with twinkling lights, or large buildings, and beautiful scenery. Everywhere I look I was engulfed with beauty.
Beauty is everywhere.
Hobart you are so beautiful!
Hobart you are so beautiful!
I visited the Tasmanian and Art Gallery. This is where my short film "Your Name Is Death" is being exhibited until the end of the month.
It was nice to travel around and see the other entries. The first time I visited I didn't really get to walk around and see the other entries. It was all rush-rush as I was followed by interviews and I was too hyped up on adrenaline from seeing my short film for the first time, that I didn't have enough time to walk around and view the other entires.
There was this really cool entry I liked, where young students created messages and stuck them in plastic milk cartoons.Their messages were on small white note paper and where small letters they wanted the world to know about them. The students wrote messages like "my favourite song is Seven Years" and "I love my life. " .I thought that the students, and artist working with them, really adopted the theme of 'death' well. Considering, the messages were things they wanted the world to know about them in case they died. The messages were stuck inside plastic milk bottles carefully cut out in the shape of flowers. Flowers also go well with the theme of 'death' as we all associate flowers with grave sides. They incorporated the 'ephemeral' aspect because they used plastic milk bottles that will one day decay and through the artist's messages --since life it's self is ephemeral.
All the artists did a good job!
There was this really cool entry I liked, where young students created messages and stuck them in plastic milk cartoons.Their messages were on small white note paper and where small letters they wanted the world to know about them. The students wrote messages like "my favourite song is Seven Years" and "I love my life. " .I thought that the students, and artist working with them, really adopted the theme of 'death' well. Considering, the messages were things they wanted the world to know about them in case they died. The messages were stuck inside plastic milk bottles carefully cut out in the shape of flowers. Flowers also go well with the theme of 'death' as we all associate flowers with grave sides. They incorporated the 'ephemeral' aspect because they used plastic milk bottles that will one day decay and through the artist's messages --since life it's self is ephemeral.
All the artists did a good job!
I also visited MONA. I highly recommend this museum, it's so good, AND if you are Tasmanian, or under 18, you get in for free. It is so big and filled with so much knowledge. There is so much here to see. I could spend days here immersed in the world of art. I spent three hours here and I needed more time, that's how amazing the place is.
There is so much too see here, from mummies to large paintings covering the whole wall. There is something for everybody and I could spend all day here, walking through the museum observing all the different types of art.
There is so much too see here, from mummies to large paintings covering the whole wall. There is something for everybody and I could spend all day here, walking through the museum observing all the different types of art.
There was this really cool piece of art I liked. It was water that rapidly formatted words as they came down. In the middle of the air, before they came to the ground, words like 'Melbourne', 'Bill', 'Liberal', and 'Internet' came into view.
I couldn't tell if the worlds were random or if they were telling some type of story, or trying to illustrate a message But, it was really cool seeing the water quickly format words through the air, as they dropped down and hit the ground.
I like art. I like looking at it and trying to fique out what the artist is trying to get across. Every artist creates a story with their art and I like analysing it to up with my own message to take away.
Every time we look at a piece of art we take away different messages depending on our own point of view. We can learn so much from looking at a piece of art handing on a wall and I find that fascinating.
Art is magical. Just by looking at a piece of art we are magically transported into different worlds: worlds were creativity and imagination exist and that is amazing.
Art is beauty. And everything has beauty.
Artists are incredible people who create magnificent things with their talents and art deserves to be viewed by everybody in this world. Artists are creating beauty in this world that everybody needs to view.
Every time we look at a piece of art we take away different messages depending on our own point of view. We can learn so much from looking at a piece of art handing on a wall and I find that fascinating.
Art is magical. Just by looking at a piece of art we are magically transported into different worlds: worlds were creativity and imagination exist and that is amazing.
Art is beauty. And everything has beauty.
Artists are incredible people who create magnificent things with their talents and art deserves to be viewed by everybody in this world. Artists are creating beauty in this world that everybody needs to view.
I stayed with an incredible friend, who I worked hard with creating "Your name is Death". I am so thankful that she opened her house up to me. I am forever grateful for how welcomed I felt staying here.
If you are reading this: Thankyou.
Thankyou for everything. Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou
If you are reading this: Thankyou.
Thankyou for everything. Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
And yes: I did go see my short film again. It's just incredible to see something that has my name, in a museum. I'm so lucky!
![]() |
| Sneak peek at "My Name Is Death" |
Two days away and I miss my dog so much. I miss his overzenous face and his cuddles.
I'm coming home, Charlie. I apologize for smelling like dog. There was an incredible cute dog here who loved scratches and cuddles.
Here I go.
Three and a half hour bus ride back to my home. This blog unedited blog is written on a bus.


No comments:
Post a Comment