Thursday, 10 March 2016

I HAVE SOMETHING DISPLAYED IN A MUSEUM

Title says it all.

I have something exhibited in a Museum. 
It's a big deal.. A huge deal! A HUGE DEAL!!!! 

During the summer holidays, me and three other people from the town I live in came together and wrote, directed, acted in, and created a short film. 
AND THAT SHORT FILM IS IN A MUSUAM DOWN IN THE CAPITAL OF TASMANIA! 

I'll go into depth in another blog that I will publish later, but I just wanted to quickly say that I achieved some great things today! 

I have something exhibited in a Museum! Something I helped write, direct, and something I acted in (with ZERO acting experience!!)  And something I worked really, really hard on. The amount of work that went into this short film is extraordinary. It consisted of long days and sleepless nights during the 2016 summer holidays. 

I was also on the radio. A lovely lady came up to me with one of those cool microphones and asked me questions about my experience. 
I listened to my voice on the ride home. I WAS ON THE RADIO, my voice! 
And the voices of the other participants, and of our artist mentor. It was incredible! 
I WAS ON THE RADIO!! A studious, shy girl from a small rural town was on the radio. I can hardly believe it!  
I WAS ON THE RADIO!!!!! 

Dear little girl in blonde pigtails; dreams do come true. 

And I performed a speech in frount of a large audience. Two consecutive years competing in public speaking contests (against private schools, I just want to emphasise  that!) came in handy and I confidently stood in frount of a large audience and told everybody about ephemeral art and how thankful I was for the opportunity to have something I created exhibited in a Museum for everyone to see.
I didn't shake with nervousness, I didn't stutter, and I didn't lose my spot and make a fool of myself. I will admit, majority of it was improv. (As I said earlier; high school public speaking contest experience came in handy. Thank you) 
I also made the audience laugh . The sound of their laughter was music to my ears! It was great to know that nobody would torment and emotionally scar me for a whole year because of something I say behind a lectern. It was a supportive audience, I even had MANY members came up to me and the other boy who also spoke, shake our hands and tell us how incredible we were and how confidently we spoke. "You should be very proud of yourself, it takes a lot of courage to stand in frount of a large crowd and speak " one person told us as she shook out hands. She was right. It does take a lot of courage, courage I have. 
I overcame my fear of public speaking! You should have seen me! I could be a public speaker when I grow up!! I was incredible; A shining star in frount of a large audience. 
I am the happiest I have ever been right now! 
My wings are spreading and my future is as bright as the sun! Watch me, because I am achieving great things!!!! 

Stay tuned, I will write more later! This is just a quick, rough, non-edited blog to say that I have achieved some great things today!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment