“Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!”
-Jk Rowling. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
I have a play list on YouTube that is titled "I FEEL LIKE CRAP " (really great title, I know) that I go to whenever I am feeling shitty. My playlist contains my favourite upbeat songs that I only need to listen to once in order to feel better.
I thought I would share a few of them.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
A Secret for The Mad.
Dottie (Louise Hill)
This song is so adorable and cute. The instrumental itself is so soothing and the lyrics are really comforting because it feels like someone knows exactly what I am going through.
Little things, all the stereotypes
They're gonna help you get through this one night
And there will be a day when you can say you're okay and mean it
I promise you it'll all make sense again
I promise you it'll all make sense again
There's nothing to do right now but try
There are a hundred people who will listen to you cry
And I get that they don't get it
But they love you so much that you won't regret it
ComeBack Kid
The Band Perry
The Band Perry is one of my favourite bands, this song and Stay In the Dark are my FAVOURITE SONGS . Whenever I am reminded of my crappy high school experiences and what people used to do to me, I just listen to this song and remember that I am strong and I am making my come back. . My favourite lyrics are: "Don't know why bad things happened, but they did//I don't think I deserve the hurt I get, but I'm made for it , because honestly, it is so TRUE.
But no, I'm not leaving, even though I'm bleeding
Even though this nightmare makes me wish I was dreaming
Even though I hate it, I'm gonna take it
Until I win
'Cause I'm a comeback, I'm a comeback kid
Don't know why bad things happened, but they did
I don't think I deserve the hurt I get, but I'm made for it
It's not the end, no, it's not the end
I'm a comeback kid
Down for a minute, I'll get up again
Looks like I'm breaking, but it's just a bend; it's not over yet
'Cause in the end
I am a comeback kid, I am a come back kid.
I am a comeback kid, I am a come back kid.
Who Do You Love
Marianas Trench
My best friend introduced me to this song. (and hens the Mtrench obsession began) . I just-- I just LOVE this song. It is so uplifting and encouraging and hopeful.
*Note: if you listen to this song you HAVE to watch the Video for extra feels*
Well, I've been deep in this sleeplessness, I don't know why
Just can't get away from myself
When I get back on my feet, I'll blow this open wide and carry me home in good health
Screaming, (Who do you love? Who do you love?)
Who do you love? Who do you love?
(Who do you love? Who do you love?)
Who do you love?
It Gets Better
Todrick Hall
My sister introduced me to this song when I was grade six. I listened to this song on repeat for as long as I could all throughout Grade seven. I had a really crappy experience throughout grade seven and this song-THIS SONG- made me have hope, and made me relies that my present was not my future. Things will get better.
Maybe today seems cloudy and grey
So full of sorrow and tomorrow seems so far away
But it gets better it gets better
But it gets better it gets better
And I know the world keeps throwing your strife
But keep on strutting down this yellow brick road called life
'Cause it gets better it gets better
'Cause it gets better it gets better
I'm Still Standing
Elton John
I first started listening to this song with my Pop, when he would play Elton John and the Beatles (and several other "old" people music ), and it is just one of those songs that have stuck in my head. It makes me relies that I have survived so much and I am still standing.
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
Cassadee Pope
I Am Invincible
This song is my number one go to song when I need a confidence boost.It’s such an empowering song and lifts me up. Cassadee Pope is an AMAZING song writer.
Nothin' gonna make me break or shatter
No one's gonna tell me I don't matter, no
I won't let you
Time is runnin' out, keeps gettin' faster
Gotta find a way, rewrite the answers
'Till I can say
I am invincible
I am unbreakable
I am a diamond cut to last
I am unstoppable
I am a hero
Like a phoenix from the ash
Legends.
Sleeping with Sirens
**Yet, ANOTHER song Bianca introduced me to. **
I really appreciate the positivity in this song! I love the lyrics "Stand up and shout it out if you want it//(Remember, remember)// Reach out and touch the sky 'cause you got it". The whole song reminds me that there is hope in the future. Anything is possible!! ~
We can be anything in life we want to be
We can move mountains,
we can break walls
We can stand tall enough to fight and never fall
We can be legends after all"
Fight Song
Rachel Platten
When ever I am feeling crappy, I just listen to this song, or as Rachel Platten says I play my "fight song" . The lyrics remind me how strong I am. I am a fighter. I refuse to give up. It’s a perfect mix of inspirational and uplifting lyrics and when I finish listening to it, I always feel inspired and ready to do anything!
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong.
Ill play my fight song
AND i don't really care if nobody else believes
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.
Still Breathing
Green Day
This song helps me remember that the feelings I feel won’t last forever. They are only ephemeral. I am strong and I will get through this, and that despite what happens- good or bad- my heart will keep beating, I will keep breathing.
Am I bleeding am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage, so far away, away
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
My way to you
Life's a happy song.
The Muppets.
My sister and I once binged watched The Muppets over and over again whilst eating SO much junk food. Every time thing song came on we would sing it at the top of our lungs and burst out laughing. Now every time I listen to it my face erupts in the biggest smile
The song is so child-ish and cheesy that it JUST HAS to make you happy . My favourite line is: "Life is a fillet of fish!!... Yes it is!"
Everything is great everything is grand
I got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand
Everything is perfect its falling into place
I cant seem to wipe this smile off my face
Life's a happy song when there's someone by my side to sing along
How Far I'll Go
Alessa Cara. (Moanna)
It may sound silly because it is a Disney song, but this song reminds me that there is so much out there in the world beyond my crappy home town and that I have a whole world to explore. And that if I trust myself everything will be OK.
See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
I know everybody on this island, seems so happy on this island
Everything is by design
I know everybody on this island has a role on this island
So maybe I can roll with mine
I can lead with pride, I can make us strong
I'll be satisfied if I play along
But the voice inside sings a different song
What is wrong with me?
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
My music taste normally ranges from Broadway musicals to Punk bands like Green Day , and to music that isn't even in English. I pretty much listen to everything and anything.
These are just a few of the songs that make me feel happier.
What would you add to the list?
Let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment