Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Things that make me happy.

"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always be happy"- Roald Dahl

I want to have good thoughts that shine out of my face like sunbeams so I will always be happy, so I decided to remind myself of all my happy thoughts by writing a list of 100 things that make me happy.

In no particular order.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
100 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY 

1)When people can relate to what I write
2) When people tell me that I'll be an amazing author
3) Knowing I'm the reason for somebody's happiness.
4) laying on my bed after a warm shower in my fluffy pajamas and writing in my journal about my day.
5) Winning awards.
6) The zealous face my dogs give me when I come home from being away from them, and their overzealous reactions when I say 'Lets go for a walk'
7) Chocolate mud cake.
8) Receiving  presents from people.
9) When people think about me.
10) When I have in-depth convocations with people about good books.
11) When my sister visits from Melbourne and when she brings donuts with her.
12) Skype calls.
13 ) When my cat comes and sleeps with me.
14) When people ask me to to explain what words mean during our conversation. (It happens a lot)
16) When people say I'm smart.
17) Knowing that one day I'll get my braces off and have perfect teeth.
18) When my librarians are impressed with how fast I read.
19) Rainy days and the sound of rain falling on my roof and how it sounds like a beautiful lullaby as I go to sleep
20) When people recommend books for me to read.
21) Listening to Spoken Word Poetry with my sister.
22) Baking chocolate chip cookies and sharing them with people.
23) When my friend lets me hide in her house when my brother's friends are at mine.
24) Having somebody who I can talk to, who will listen, and who I can get advice from.
25) Receiving mail.
26) Braiding people's hair and their reactions when they realize I had just made their hair beautiful.
27) The smell of roast dinner cooking.
28) When people call me 'Jazz' instead of 'Jasmin'
29) Christmas time.
30) The sound babies make when they giggle.
31) My hair (It is pink!!)
32) Fast internet
33) When people bring me good food to eat.
34) Reading.
35) Feeling powerful.
36) When my friend writes me poetry.
37) Birthday time.
38) Travelling.
39) When I get recognized for doing good things.
40) Making other people feel special and happy.
41) Writing.
42) Going to the beach (but not swimming, I don't like swimming with fish poop.)
43)When my second family sends me messages declaring how much they miss and love me.
44) Learning new words and learning fun, random facts about those words.
45) Musicals.
46) Blogging
47) When I get remained that I matter in my darkest moments.
48) Having Glee marathons with my cousin/ best friend.
49) Reading books that were written centuries ago and understanding the plot.
50) When people wave to me when I walk my dog.
51) Feeling like I belong.
52) Books written by Melina Marchetta and Chris Colfer.
53) Knowing that there are people who care about me enough to  read my blog posts.
54) Sleeping.
55) The sound my phone makes when I receive a text message.
56) Having long convocations with people.
57) Alone time at my happy places.
58) Making other people proud of me.
59) When people stand up for me.
60) Feeling special.
61) When people include me in their plans.
62) A book called Struck By Lighting.
63) Libraries.
64) When people 'like' my posts on Social Media or 1+'d my blog posts.
65) Laughing.
66) The sound of my young cousins knocking on my door.
67) Long walks whilst listening to nature.
68) When other people clean my room (because I am lazy)
69) When my eight year old cousin draws me pictures and every single one of them are abstract masterpieces.
70) Chocolate Milkshakes.
71) Watching little kid cartoons like Shaurn the Sheep and Peppa Pig.
72) When people tell me they read my blog posts.
73) Knowing that I am still breathing despite going through a phase where I wanted to give up on everything.
74) When my family comes together at 6:30 to watch Neighbours.
75) The colour pink.
76) Children's hugs.
78) The "silly" faces my friends make in photos.
79) When I learn something new and it changes my life.
80) Winter time.
81) When people let me read every book on their bookshelf. (It happens a lot)
82) When I see my young cousins happy and watching them grow up.
83) The incredible reaction people have on their faces when I make them realize something new for the first time.
84) My memories of Thailand.
85) Watching the sunset.
86) When there is food stuck in my braces and I finally get it out after hours of trying to get it out with my tongue.
87) Book shopping.
88) Vanilla yogurt.
89) Jackie French's retellings of Shakespeare. (I want to see her write Portia's story from TMoV)
90) Purple pens.
91) Letting people borrow my books.
92) The ongoing love and support I have received since publishing my first blog post.
93) The fact that I haven't been meowed at this year.
94) Feeling like I matter in people's lives and being reassured that they won't forget about me.
95) Jumping on the trampoline with my dog.
96) Holding babies. (without them pooping on me)
97) Knowing that there are good people in the world and seeing evidence of that.
98)When people go out of their way to make me feel safe and happy. And when people in the past  went above and beyond to try and make me feel safe and happy at school.
99)Knowing that if I'm not okay people are only an email,  text message, or a Facebook message away and they will respond because they have promised me they won't ignore me.
100) Knowing that I have an abundance amount of people who love and support me.

~_~_~_~_~~_~_~

When I was writing this it made me relies that there are so many things that make me happy, I could go on for another 100 if I wanted to. There are so many reasons to be happy.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Happiness is an emotion that should be felt majority of the time. 
I want to be happy majority of the time and that is a goal I am determined to complete. Last year I was in a mental mind frame where I was miserable. I spent so long being unhappy and so long being unable to do anything to make myself stay happy. I would try and make myself happy but I would just go back into the mind frame were I felt miserable. It didn't really help that I had people meowing at me all year long and making me feel like crap.
But, this year is a new start. This year is going to be a happy year that is filled with positivity. Even if somebody does something to me that I don't like at least I know now  that I am not alone and that I shouldn't have to put up with it. I have better ways with dealing with bulling now than I did last year. I am going to be at a new school where nobody will know who I am and I'll be in a new environment away from all the people who have bullied me last year. Hopefully I'll be happier, hopefully I will be all-right, hopefully everything is going to be okay.
          ...Hopefully.

Right now I am happy and it is going to stay like that for as long as possible because I am never going to be as miserable as I was last year.
Never. 
~_~_~_~_-_~_~_~_~_~_~
I have one thing to ask of those who read my blog. 
Send me a text, write me an e-mail, send me an Instagram message, send me a Facebook message because what makes me happy most of all is communication.
Tell me you read my blog, ask me how I'm feeling out of ten, ask me about the book I'm currently reading(I am currently reading an amazing book!!), Tell me about what book you are reading, tell me about your day, tell me about something that makes you smile today, send me a long message about the weather, write me a poem, tell me about your favorite place, ask me what my favorite book is, ask me what I'll name my first born children, tell me what you would name your first-born children, ask me what I got for Christmas or my Birthday, Tell me about what you ate for dinner.
 Just talk to me about anything because it will make both of us happy.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Am I happy?
Yes. This post took me a while to write because it took me a while to sit down and think of 100 things that make me happy, now I finally finished I feel so happy. Writing about the things that make me happy makes me realize how lucky I am to be who I am and how lucky I am to have and know such lovely, supportive, friendly, amazing (...there are not enough adjectives to describe them) people in my life. I am so thankful for the people in my life who have make me happy every day. I am so happy that there are good people in this world who care and love about me because that's such a blessing.

I am so happy that I am able to see the positives in life compared to a time where I couldn't. Life is so fascinating, Life is so beautiful. Life is worth living.

There are so many things to be happy about and I am going to think about all the positive thoughts so they will shine out of my face like sunbeams and so I can always be happy.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

The quote used in the blog was used from a beautiful book I received for my birthday from a couple of lovely people. Thankyou again. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment