Sunday, 10 January 2016

I'm not going to be your friend on Facebook.

Everyone knows Facebook... right?
It's the social media that is slowly dying out. Everybody is addicted to it yet nobody really uses it anymore. Chances are you clicked on this link from Facebook because the only reason why I use that social media platform is to share my blog posts.
Everyone knows that you can add  other users and become friends with each other. Once you are friends with somebody they appear on your friend list and on your news-feed and you can see all the things they share.
Since school has ended I have received friendship requests from many people. Many people who I am glad to be friends with  because I know they are lovely people so I press that 'accept' button without hesitation. But on the other side, I have also received friendship requests from  people and I am left astonished and confused with  their request.
 I have received requests from people who made me have one of the toughest  years ever (that was a giant learning experience, see my 'My Year is a Giant Learning Experience' post) and it hasn't just been  once; countless times I have received friendship requests from people who made an appearance (and sometimes numerous appearances)  in my 'And My Cat Went Meow' post, I have received requests from people who have shown me so much hate, people who took every opportunity to intimidate me and make me feel worthless, I have received requests from people who made me feel like my existence was for nothing, I have received requests from people who made me feel scared to leave my home, I have received requests from people who made me stay up late at night worrying if  the next day would bring more bulling, I have received friendship requests from people who made me run away in tears, I have received friendship requests from people who loved to humiliate me, I have received friendship requests from people who continuously bullied me and didn't show mercy when they saw that I was suffering because of their actions. I have even received friendship requests from people who still yell my name across roads whenever they see me alone.

I am so confused.
They made it quite obvious last year that they hate me... and now they want to be my virtual friend??
IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. 
Somebody please explain this to me; please, please, please explain how somebody who  hates me and who made it their personal objective to make me feel worthless and insignificant now wants to be my friend.
BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND. 



~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Why I'm not being your friend on Facebook. 
I am not going to be your friend on Facebook because you made me feel miserable; you made me dread leaving the safety of my own bedroom, you made me lose all excitement to go to school, you made me think that I was an awful person and that there was something wrong with me, you made me feel scared to enter classrooms because I was scared you would make me a victim again, you made me feel so alone,  you made me feel like I did not matter, your words and actions left me crying every night until there were no tears left to cry, you made me fight a daily battle I never wanted to fight,  you made me go into a deep, dark place where I wanted to give up on life: where the only thing I could think about was how life would be so much better if I just wasn't apart of it.
You made me feel  so many horrible emotions; scared, embarrassed, inadequate, isolated, meaningless, hopeless, insignificant, and victimized.
When I saw your friend request it was a giant punch-in-the-face.  I was immediately reminded of those horrible emotions that you made me feel and I was immediately reminded of how horrible you treated me.
I am not going to have myself feel like that.

I do not want to be reminded of you. I do not want to be reminded of how appallingly you treated me.   I feel so glad that we never have to share the same hallways. I am so glad that I never have to feel the emotions that you made me feel. After a long time of being unhappy I am finally happy and you are not going to ruin that.

I am never going to be you friend and I'm not going to apologize for it.
Not today
Not tomorrow
Not in a week
Not in a month
Not in a year
Never. 


High School has ended, it's time to leave me alone so that I can move on.

I am winning now.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
In case your wondering I deleted all those requests.




No comments:

Post a Comment