I've been patiently waiting for this day my whole High school
life.
Every time someone made me feel like shit,
every time someone bullied me, every time someone meowed at me, every single
time I was made to feel inadequate, I'd just look forward to this day where I
can just walk away and never have to see these people again.
And, it's finally came.
I can now officially say that I, Jazz
Frost, have survived high school.
I did it.
I actually did it!
._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~._~.
This year was a tough year. I spent so
much of this year being unhappy and miserable. People loved to
victimize me and make me feel awful about myself. They loved to make me feel
like shit, and as a result I went deeper and deeper into a place that can only
be described as "Nothingness". At times I
felt so depressed; I could not see a single positive in any situation. I felt
so isolated; it felt like I was slowly drifting further and further away from
the people around me. I felt so worthless; I believed that I had no purpose in life and that just did not matter. I felt so hopeless; I was not given any peace or time to just relax before
someone else would bully me. I felt unsafe; I dreaded going to school
every single day because people were constantly bulling me.
I had so much anxiety that wouldn't go
away.
I felt like I couldn't do anything right.
I felt like I did not matter and that my
existence was not important.
For majority of the year bullies made me
feel trapped like a bird in a cage. It wasn't until the last few weeks, when I
felt like I had the unconditional support and love of those around me that I
was finally able to spread my metaphorical-wings just a bit. Bullies constantly
targeted me and did not give me any peace. Peace that I desperately wanted.
There were times where I wanted to somehow
find a way to give up. The feelings of worthlessness, loneliness, and
hopelessness just took over and I just did not know what to do. I could not
stop thinking about all the negative things that were happening in life and I
refused to talk about it because I was just really stubborn. I was
constantly overwhelmed and stressed out. I didn't know if life was going to get
any better and I could not get the horrible feelings to escape from my mind.
Half way through the year I did not know
how I was going to survive. The day where I'd finally be able to walk away from
my bullies and never see them again just felt so far away. I felt like the days
were purposely going by slowly. There were days were I just did not speak, I'd
spend all my time after school in my room laying on my bed and sometimes I
didn't even come out to eat. I spent all my time at school sitting by myself
and hoping nobody would talk to me, including my bullies. I isolated myself
from people even my family members. I felt like nobody cared about me and that
nobody would care.
I . Was. Miserable.
... I guess my mind frame was just in a very bad place.
I . Was. Miserable.
... I guess my mind frame was just in a very bad place.
I wanted to somehow give up, but I held
onto that day were I'd finally be able to walk away from the people who made me
feel this way, and never see them again.
Today it's finally came!
and I could not be happier right now.
The bulling never stopped, It might of
died down, but it never stopped. I got meowed this week by some boys in my
grade whilst our class was watching a movie.
As usual, I did not do a thing to
antagonize them; in fact my back was turned to them.
They chose to victimize me. Out of
everyone in the room it was me they chose to release their negative energy
onto.
When these boys meowed at me, it made me
feel horrible, and it made me feel so worthless, and it made me feel hopeless;
I thought that by writing a blog about it and publishing it for the whole world
to see would somehow miraculously make the bulling stop.
But, I was wrong.
I think I went into panic mode; my face
started to tingle and it felt like my body was shaking uncontrollably . I closed my eyes and I couldn't
catch my breath, I felt really dizzy. I felt really upset and I had small tears
coming down my face. I had somebody ask me if I was okay, I told her I had a
headache because I just did not want to talk about it. (Because I was stubborn)
Do you know what I did?.
I went and sat in the other room by
myself and I cried, because I felt so hopeless and I felt so miserable. I put
my head in a book because I just wanted to escape.
And do you know what I did when I went
home?
I wrote a short story about one of them,
and he died a slow painful death by getting mauled by a big, hungry lion whilst everyone in
my grade just watched and ate popcorn and I ate chocolate mud cake
.... Then I felt so much
better.
And then I went back to school and won an
award, and they didn't.
....and that made me feel even better!
It's just pathetic how people are
still treating me like this; it is pathetic how people still find it
entertaining to make me feel awful. It's ludicrous how throughout this whole
year the people who have bullied me can remember an event that happened so long
ago, yet they can't remember how to be nice to people.... or to bring a pen to
class!
In case you are wondering; the longest I
went without being meowed at was around two and a half weeks.
...out
of the whole year.
I would like to say that I'll never be
meowed at again, but I have said that so many times this year and felt so
disappointed and hopeless when my hopes were crushed.
After all the bullshit I put up with this
year I miraculously have a smile on my face because life is amazing. LIFE. IS. AMAZING.
I just survived High School and that's
such a great achievement that I am so proud of. I survived High School and I
could not have done it without the support of certain people.
I say that High School was tough that's because it was. I feel like High school is tough for everyone because we are all trying to find where we belong... It's the plot for nearly every Young Adult Book!
I say that High School was tough that's because it was. I feel like High school is tough for everyone because we are all trying to find where we belong... It's the plot for nearly every Young Adult Book!
For me, High School was tough (I've already said that, but
I'll say it again!) but, it was also a great adventure. Throughout my time in
High School I have made so many great friends and I have made so many positive
memories that will forever be cherished. I've smiled, I've laughed, I tried my
best, and when I started to feel happier I actually started to enjoy it, and I
might even miss it.
Although, I am not going to miss the
bulling.
Next step; Collage.
My cousin/best friend had promised me that
she will look after me when I get too collage, she has promised me that collage
will be a new start and that it will be so much better. I believe her, but I am
still feeling unsure. How do I know that I'm going to be okay?
I think it's just because everything
is going to change and become different, Change is scary but Change is inevitable.
I understand that I'm only going up
from here. I'm excited for the future. I am going to be the first person in my
family to graduate from college and receive their TCE* (I am NOT going to drop out like the rest of my
family members), I'm going to be the very first person in my family to start
university, I am going to be the first person in my family to write a book. I
am going to try my best to ignore the side of my brain that is telling me that
I'm not going to be okay, and just have trust in that I'm am going to be
absolutely fine.
Bring on holidays! I finally get a long,
well-deserved break from bullies who love to make me feel awful. You are going to see me treasuring every minute of the Tasmanian bipolar weather. I hope it doesn't rain on my birthday like it did last year.
I'm happy.
`_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
*Tasmanian Certificate of Education
No comments:
Post a Comment