Sunday, 18 February 2018

Tianyi Moon Lake.

Everyday my bus on the way to work passes a fantastic large park area and  every time  I go past there, my eyes are immediately  drawn to the graceful river and how the bright sunlight sparkles on  the still river. It looked so graceful and peaceful from the bus window.

  I knew that I wanted to go there. 

So, on  my first day off work (I have 10 days off the Lunar New Year/ Spring Festival) I decided to go check it out. 



As soon as I entered the park I was at peace.
The beautiful sound of birds cheeping high pitched notes from high up in the tree-tops , combined with  a chorus of young adults playing the flute, and the soothing winds hitting the trees hummed through the air creating the perfect relaxing environment.
The park was adored with many ancient-style Chinese buildings and walkways. Stone brick arch bridges connected people across parts of the 9 hectare large lake




 A few meters in and I saw a little child-- probably around age seven or eight playing with a small round ball with a male fique
 All around there were locals minding their own business and in their own little world. Children playing around with small outside toys, Older people quietly doing Ti qi. People walking their dogs that were wearing little adorable pet-jackets and hoodies (the Chinese people really spoil their animals!) , parents taking their younger children on walks in strollers, people sitting on stone benches quietly drawing in small notebooks, people playing bored games (in particular marjong) .
And like what I was doing, many people just walking by mindfully walking through the natural beauty and observing the spectacular views that the park had to offer.




The spacious park had lots of little hidy-hole places that are perfect for a little introvert like me. I definitely want to go back in my free time with a notebook and some art materials.

I took my  journal (which I always take everywhere) and I wrote this in it:

 I am currently at a gorgeous park. It's so peaceful; Quite; Calming.  The quietness is reassuring. I can actually hear myself think for once. I think I may have hit the point of utter calmness (if that is a state). It's strange how everything can be so messy; so chaotic and jumbled, but once I am in a nice, relaxing park everything starts becoming cleaner. 

I have always felt safer when I am in nature.  I am a lover of nature, I get so easily lost in nature.I find them relaxing and calming.


 Tianyi Moon lake is a fantastic lake in the middle of the busy province of Tianyi. A fantastic little area that is free for the public and offers a fantastic, relaxing environment. I will definitely be going here again throughout my  time in China. !


No comments:

Post a Comment