Thursday, 22 February 2018

Snow In NINGBO!



I have been meaning to write this post for nearly three weeks!

~_~_~_~_~

About three weeks ago the  wheather hit below 8 degrees and it started snowing!

And as a Tasmanian who has only seen the snow once , you can only imagine what my reaction would be to the fascinating winter wonderland that was outside!


I was AMAZED! 
I walked outside my apartment and everything was white -- IT WAS WHITER THAN ME OUTSIDE!!
I was running around in the garden area outside my apartment touching the snow and making little snowballs with a huge smile on my face.

When I was a kid I remember nagging my parents EVERY SINGLE WINTER,to take me and my little brothers to see the snow. I would attempt puppy dog eyes and plead with: "I'LL DO THE DISHES FOR A WHOLE MONTH IF WE GO!!!" , all in a desperate attempt to take me and my younger brothers on a three-four car drive journey to see the snow on the top of Ben Lomond.

AND NOW I WAS LIVING IN IT!!!

I couldn't believe it!





A little snowman I found on my walk to work. 

The snow that had fallen overnight on a car outside my apartment. 

The snow that had fallen over night in the garden place outside my apartment. 

Me after I made a snowball and I FELT SO PROUD OVER IT! (Tis' MY snowball!!!!) 


The people in my work company all came to work singing "Do You Want to Build A Snowman" from Frozen and asking each other if we wanted to build snowmans in the garden area right outside our big major office. It really was amazing!

What was even more amazing and truly phenomenal was the fact that it hasn't snowed in Ningbo in over 10 years!!
The climate is similar to George Town in the sense that Ningbo is real close to the water making the probability of snow very rare.

Maybe I just bring the luck? x'DDD



No comments:

Post a Comment