A week ago I landed in the freezing state of Tasmania after spending two weeks in the beautiful state of Melbourne. Primarily I spent my time in the adorable little suburb of Pakenham with my sister, her partner, and her beautiful roommate.
It was nice to get away,even if it was only for a short time frame of two weeks.
What did I do away?
I turned 18.
tbh, the only thing I cared about was the cake.
Nothing changes because I am a year older. The only difference is I get "Your an adult now Jazz, you should be able to speak to people!" from people who like to make me feel worse about myself.
......
I went to Melbourne Zoo.

There wasn't many animals on display. All my sister and I saw was a Lion (whose name was Harare and who I learnt died three days ago. RIP .), a meerkat, two giraffes, an ugly-looking pig type of animal, an elephant, a seal, and some fairy penguins.
That may actually sound like a lot of animals but if you look at how large Melbourne zoo is you'll understand why we were a little disappointed.
We didn't really care. (I just laughed at myself because I spelt 'care' as 'cake' . The lesson from this mistake is that I reallyyyy love cake) because we were happy.

There may of not been many animals on display but THERE WAS A FREE CAROUSEL.
and yeah.. I did ride it. Twice.
OK.
maybe three times
and
demanded that my sister stood on the side to take photos of me travelling around in circles
(The white one I am on I named Billy Jean. There was a brown one whom I named Noel)
Carousels are sourta' my thing. I refuse to grow up.

.....
I swung on some swings

This is a highlight because I just really like swinging on swing sets.
Honestly tho, if you invite me to a park to swing on swings there is a 999.9% chance I will say yes and swing for hours without even speaking.
------------------
Honestly the best thing about being in Melbourne was sitting on my sister's couch for two weeks and eating Nachos, chocolate mud cake, and donuts whilst watching the whole series of Glee.
It was being able to turn my brain off and relax and not worry about anything that upsets me. It was being generally happy and having a smile on my face all day long. It was laughing. It was not feeling lonely all the time because I had people around me who had no choice but to give me attention. It was eating without thinking about it. It was feeling as though I wasn't being judged by every stranger I saw on the street. It was feeling good and confident about myself. It was feeling useful and wanted.
and of course (and I have to say this) being reunited with my sister.
Sometimes you just need time away to relies that things really will get better.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~



No comments:
Post a Comment