Saturday, 18 June 2016

A Nerdy Post About my Atrocious Spelling

Quick post because I want to procrastinate over studying.



The other day I woke  up with a sudden spell of horrible spelling.

 I am not even kidding or overegerating, my spelling is terrible! It always has been and I spectulate that it always will be.Some days I wonder if my grade three cousin can spell better then me! 

Today was one of those days where it was atrocious. 
Take a look. 
These were written in a rush whilst my literature teacher was speaking as fast as a cheetah during a lunch time tutorial. 

... And yes, I highlight and write with pen in my books . Sue me. 🤓 



Translation: significant through a postcolonial  as he is giving  up his power. 
What it says: Synificant through Pc eyes as his giving up his power. 


Ignore all the other notes. Focus on "critalizm of conolysm" 

Translation: criticism of colonialism [practices] 
What it says: crityizm of conolysm  


Translation: showcases exploitation 
What it says: showcases exploytation.  


What is with me and 'Y's ?  

You only need to look in my school notebooks to notice I am a horrible speller. I could show more examples but I would be embarrassing myself. 

I once had to do an in class essay and when I received my marked essay back, my teacher had highlighted all the misspellings. 
It would be correct to say that the piece of paper was brighter then my future. 

My graduation speech will go something like "I am beyond grateful for the little squiggly line underneath incorrect words, otherwise I would not be here today." 
 (otherwise that sentence would of been "I am beyond gratefull for the little squiguley line underneath incorrect words, otherrise I would not be here today) 
As clique as it is, I am beyond thankful for spell check and Google. I do understand there are tricks to spelling, for example; A for ComparasiAn with it somes to thAn and E for a moment in timE when it comes to thEn, and that an island is land. 
But there are no tricks for parochial or patriarchy, whitch  infuriates me because they are important words! 


Back to my notebook: 
I am a terrible speller, and days like this I can only laugh at the horrific spelling concreted with ink in my copy of the The Tempest instead of crying and bringing myself down. I am a bad speller but I am not upset about that fact. It's quite laughable at times. 


It's a good learning technique, I remember all these points clearer then all the other ones because I remember my atrocious spelling and can remember the annotation connected to the line. 

Maybe my spelling is  something to improve on. 


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
I have my first Exam on Tuesday and I am proud to admit that I am not feeling stressed at all. A lot of students around me are freaking out but I am just walking around with the largest smile on my face. I know that I am going to be fine. I know that grades do not define who I am or who I will be in the future, and I know that these exams is only practise for the end of year exams. 
Still, with saying that, I have been studying. I have been studying a lot. My bedroom has been hit with the tornado that is education. I have papers everywhere and I have notes everywhere and I have been trying to glue all this information in my head. 
The struggle of taking two English classes in year 11 is that you have to remember a shit ton of quotes from all your texts, plus quotes from authors or "others" . I have studied a total of seven different texts.  I am training my brain to increase its memory capacity and It is OK if I forget some of them because my brain has never been stretched this far before. 

I can not wait until end of exams, I am already day dreaming about the books I am going to read. My literature friends and I have plans on going to Chi Chi's, an adorable Chinese cafe near our college, after our literature exam to celebrate the end of exams and reward ourselves for surviving exams. I can not wait to try Bubble Tea. Apparently it is really good! we will just have to wait and see! 






No comments:

Post a Comment