Friday, 1 March 2019

2/March. 2019.

Is this my first post of the year?
Idk, maybe.
What a shitty first post.  Heyyyy. My parents are separating.


My parents put to Facebook that they were splitting up before they told their five children .

They told distant relatives,   high school friends, and pretty much everyone who lives in my town that they were spilling up before they told my brothers and sisters
and me.

Soooo, that's pretty shitty.

And I am mad
and sad , and anxious and .. just.. Idk. JUST PLAIN SHITTY.

I am first off: confused and anxious and sad about my parents breaking up and
I am secondly: mad and confused as to WHY my dad told everyone else except me.


I am sitting here listening to my parents shout about money and houses and what went wrong.
I have read my Dad's facebook status saying that him and my mum have decided to split up because apparently "there is no love anymore" and seeing the endless comments of support from people.

and I'm just waiting.
I am waiting for my Mum  to gently knock on my bedroom door and whisper 'We have something to tell you', or for my Dad to yell  “FAMILY MEETING NOW”.

I am waiting.


You see in movies when the parents split up the kids are all sitting on a couch or whatever and one parent will say 'Your father and I have something important to tell you. We are getting a divorce. We both love you exactly.’ And then the kids will cry but the parents will hug their kids and remind them that it’s not their fault.
There will be love. And reassurance. And hope.

I honestly thought, IF my parents would break up that they would tell US that way.
Not thought but expected.
I expected my parents to have that conversation with me first.
I expected them to love me and reassure me and that there would be a slice of hope for any happy ending.
I didn’t expect one of them to tell the whole world before they told me.

The status has been up for three hours and nobody has told me anything.
But, I guess..
Social Media just... sucks.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment