Friday, 2 March 2018

Baiyun Park

Baiyun Park .

Just a little post today.  I am currently at my work desk. 

Baiyun Park is a small park located in Zemin, Ningbo which is just two subway stop from the town area where I am staying. 

The park is relatively small with a small pond area that is situated right in the center of the park. 
 On one side is the pond there is  a large  ancient Chinese-style hall that contains  an old residence and a tomb of a famous older Chinese royal and on the other side is a community garden where I saw garbages/lettuce, carrots, and other vegetables sprouting out from the ground. 

The Chinese style hall went into great detail about a famous Chinese royal who was a schooler and warrior. There was rooms filled with rough paperback notebooks that contained prices of writings that he completed throughout his lifetime, from poetry to essays. They were stacked neatly and carefully behind rectangular glass display cabinets. Behind this room was a tiny area where pillars were lined up. On each pillar displayed significant information about the Chinese man’a life and you could learn all about him by reading this information. 
Just outside the Chinese hall there was an area filled with beautiful cherry-blossom trees and bamboo trees, along other types of shrubry. If you keep walking though this area there you will find his Burial place and a praying area made of concrete and stone, where citizens can come pay their respects. 

The Community garden was a highlight. On one side there was one of those ancient water circular things (OMG. I FORGOT ITS NAME... Comment if you know it!!) that carries water when you manually turn it. I have to admit, that I did make it turn and watched the water be carried from the pond bed to the water carrier pipes and eventually into the soil. It was peaceful and interesting to watch. 
The Garden area was filled with natural healthy-looking brown soil and plants sprouted from the soil in groups. It was nicely arranged with each different type of plant growing together in straight lines. It was interesting to see the different styles of plants growing from the soil including carrots, lettuces, and other plants. 

I did sit by the pond, deep within the trees and sit for a while with my art book, scetching  what I could see around me. It was so peaceful and quiet. I think I am starting to develop quite a taste for the beautiful parks around Ningbo. 

..... and I PROMISE the next post will not be about a park 😂😂😂😂




No comments:

Post a Comment